Employment, Business and Human Resource Planning Law Firm
At TAYLOR Law Firm, we employ innovative and creative strategies combined with cost-effective methods to serve our business clients. Providing experienced legal counseling and defense for more than 23 years throughout Morristown and Tennessee, we are recognized for our ability to handle a wide range of legal transactions and disputes involving employment, business law, human resources and workers' compensation.
For many years, we have represented businesses of all sizes in litigation and counseling on labor and employment law issues. We hone our skills by practicing employment and labor law on a daily basis, taking the most current recognized continuing legal education seminars and speaking on employment and labor law issues. We are experienced in all areas of employment and labor law, including:
- Sexual harassment
- Discrimination, both state and federal, on the basis of race, age, sex, national origin, religion, disability, gina or veterans status
- Retaliatory discharge
- Whistleblower claims
- Wage and hour claims
- Unemployment compensation claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) compliance and defense
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- COBRA benefits
- Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Act
- Union avoidance
- Unfair labor practices claims
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, grievances, arbitrations and injunction suits regarding illegal strikes
- Employment contracts
- Noncompetition, Nondisclosure, confidentiality agreements
Our firm provides clients with counseling and litigation defense involving human resources. We provide timely and effective advice in cases involving human resources issues. We understand that when such issues arise, employers need answers and guidance immediately. Our attorney is available to meet you and your staff on-site to conveniently address your needs.
Our experienced advice strengthens our clients' relationships with their employees and associates and has been proven to prevent unnecessary and costly litigation. We provide legal advice to human resources directors, managers and specialists in many areas, including:
- Sexual harassment
- Discipline and/or discharge issues
- State and federal wage and hour issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), ADA and FMLA issues
- Drug testing
- Unemployment compensation
- Drafting employee handbooks, policies, etc.
- Immigration I-9 compliance
- Compliance audits: wage and hour, EEOC, OSHA, ADA, FMLA, Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Act, workplace violence
- State and federal plant closing law
- Employment contracts, noncompete and confidentiality
We understand that workers' compensation claims are serious and often have a huge impact on employers' costs of doing business. Our goal is to minimize our clients' workers' compensation costs and litigation expenses. To achieve such results, we assist our clients in the investigation, litigation defense and resolution of workers' compensation claims. We encourage our clients to aggressively pursue and, at times, prosecute fraud, believing that employers should not tolerate false or fraudulent workers' compensation claims.
Due to our experience and practice of workers' compensation and employment labor law, we also assist our clients in various issues involving workers' compensation claims intertwined with other employment laws such as the FMLA, ADA and Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Act and litigation at trial and appellate levels.
We are dedicated to helping businesses from startup and organization, including the formation and operation of corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships and joint ventures. Understanding that legal groundwork is critical to protecting your personal and business interests, we will collaborate with your business from formation through operations and in the event of dispute or dissolution. Our firm handles cases in commercial and business-related areas, including:
- Contract preparation and review
- Nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Noncompetition and trade secret agreements and litigation
- Preparation of corporate documents, including contracts, board minutes and other agreements
To discuss a business legal question or dispute, call our Knoxville workplace accident lawyer at 423-586-6812 or contact us by e-mail to schedule an initial consultation.