Helping Your Business With Human Resources Issues
Ensuring you have access to experienced legal counsel is critical to the continued success of your business. TAYLOR LAW FIRM is equipped with a working understanding of state and federal laws and the practical knowledge required to assist clients with ongoing counseling and work directly with business clients to prevent future disputes, and to help human resource professionals to grow in their skills, providing substantial value to our clients.
Protecting Your Business And Investments
We provide our clients with counseling and advocacy involving employment and human resource issues. We make it priority to know you, your business and your industry — and we use our experience and skill to protect your interests. The lawyers at TAYLOR LAW FIRM listen to you, assess your legal situation, or potential legal situation, identify legal concerns and aggressively protect and defend your interests through the most effective means.
Counsel For Maintaining A Successful Business
We advise HR directors, managers and specialists in many areas, including:
- Sexual harassment, hostile work environment
- Discipline and/or discharge issues
- Wage and hour issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Tennessee Human Rights Commission (THRC), Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issues
- Drug testing
- Hiring practices
- Employment Agreements, Severance Agreements, Non-competition Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Drafting employee handbooks and policies
- I-9 compliance
- Compliance audits: wage and hour, EEOC, OSHA, ADA, FMLA, Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Act, workplace violence
- State and federal plant closing law
- Employment law defense
- Contract enforcement or issues
Strengthening Your Business
Our experienced legal guidance can help prevent unnecessary and costly litigation. We offer manager training, draft and revise employment handbooks to assure compliance with current laws and regulations, work strategically toward the prevention of litigation and if necessary, the resolution of cases and counseling employers on their best options for confronting complex legal issues.
We believe that ‘an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.’ It’s a lot more efficient to ask a lawyer questions at the outset than to pay a lawyer more to repair matters later. Our legal team provides trusted, discreet counsel focused on achieving solutions at a value. We will always be available to listen, answer your questions, explore your options and effectively provide advice regarding the legal issues or employee claims you face.
We Can Help Handle Your Human Resources Issues
When human resources matters need to be effectively resolved, call TAYLOR LAW FIRM at 423-586-6812 or contact us by email to schedule an initial consultation.