Employment Litigation, Disputes And Counseling For Businesses
For more than two decades, TAYLOR Law Firm has represented businesses of all sizes in litigation and counseling on labor and employment law issues. Understanding the complex relationships between employers, employees and the law, we work strategically with clients to prevent disputes, identify legal issues and create timely and cost-effective solutions.
Counseling And Dispute Prevention
We work collaboratively with employers to provide counsel that can prevent lawsuits, mitigate disputes and help make sound decisions when interacting with employees. We provide ongoing counsel that helps our clients make smart choices regarding hiring, promotions and dismissals.
Even if you win a lawsuit, it can take months or years as well and be very costly. Our goal is to help clients take the right steps to avoid the disruption litigation can create. While we work to avoid litigation, we are also fully prepared to resolve our clients’ disputes when they cannot be avoided.
Our employment attorneys are experienced in all areas of employment and labor law, including:
- Sexual harassment
- State and federal discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, national origin, religion, disability or veterans status
- Retaliatory discharge
- Whistleblower claims
- Wage and hour claims (class action)
- Unemployment compensation claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) compliance and defense
- Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA)
- COBRA benefits
- Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Act
- Union avoidance
- Unfair labor practices claims
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, grievances, arbitrations and injunction suits regarding illegal strikes
- Employment contracts
- Noncompetition, nondisclosure, confidentiality agreements
- State and federal plant closing law
Put Our Decades Of Experience To Work For You
Founding attorney Jeffrey C. Taylor and our staff have honed their skills by practicing employment and labor law on a daily basis. Whether you are a new business owner seeking preventative counsel or you are facing a current employment dispute, it is never too early or too late to secure seasoned guidance or set up a skilled HR department ready to meet new challenges.
We Serve Tennessee Clients Who Need Smart Solutions
To learn more about how we can help you avoid or resolve an employment issue, call TAYLOR Law Firm at 423-586-6812 or contact us by email to schedule an initial consultation with one of our skilled lawyers.